For Families New to Friends Seminary: Applying for Financial Aid
- Click here to go to NAIS School and Student Services (SSS) website. We encourage you to use SSS Customer Service should you have questions while completing your financial aid application. (phone: 800-344-8328; email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Create a login and enter the Friends Seminary School Code: 3334.
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Application for each household in your family. Please remember that:a.) Each household must complete a PFS: Both custodial and non-custodial parents or guardians should complete a PFS and can do so separately (the two will be kept separate and confidential).
b.) In completing the PFS, keep in mind you will enter exact numbers for the recent tax year (2019), and estimates for the current tax year (2020).
- In our effort to learn the stories behind the numbers, we encourage families to use the Other Information narrative section at the end of the PFS to note unusual expenses, family structures, or other relevant information.
- Along with your PFS, you will need to upload to the SSS website your two most recent years of tax returns (2018 and 2019), including W-2’s, Form 1040’s, and business returns, if applicable. Friends Seminary cannot accept tax documents by email or hard copy. Without your two most recent tax returns, your financial aid application is considered incomplete.a.) In accordance with the federal extension, 2019 tax returns must be filed by July 15. If your family has received an additional extension for your 2019 taxes, you will need to upload your Form 4868 or other proof of extension request and arrangement.
b.) Your tax return for 2020 must be filed and uploaded to your SSS profile on or before April 15, 2021, to verify the PFS application unless you have filed/received an extension. You will need to upload your Form 4868 or other proof of extension. Please also contact Paige Sweet, Director of Financial Aid and Affordability, to let her know when your 2020 taxes will be available. 2021-2022 financial aid packages cannot be fulfilled without 2020 tax documents on file.