Step by Step Guide to Applying for Financial Aid for New Families
- Click here to go to NAIS School and Student Services (SSS) website
- Create a login and enter the Friends Seminary School Code: 3334.
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Application. Both custodial and non-custodial parents or guardians must complete the PFS and can do so separately (they are kept confidential). When completing the application, please keep in mind you are filling out exact numbers for the recent tax year (2018), and estimates for the current tax year (2019).
- If there are any unusual financial circumstances or expenses, family structures or situations, or any additional information relevant to your financial aid application, please note them briefly in the Other Information narrative section at the end of the PFS.
- Once the financial aid application is complete and submitted, please upload your two most recent tax returns for tax year 2017 and 2018 (W-2s, Form 1040s and any business returns if applicable) directly to https://www.solutionsbysss.com/ (under the “Manage Documents” tab). The tax return for 2019 must be filed and uploaded on or before April 15 to verify the PFS application unless an extension is being filed, in which case, please upload your Form 4868 (or other proof of extension request) and upload the tax documents as soon as they become available.