At this time, our 2020-2021 Kindergarten class is fully enrolled. However, unexpected openings may occur between now and September for Kindergarten and for Grades 1-4. We therefore encourage interested families to submit an application without a fee. Please call our office for the Fee Waiver Code at 646.979.5042. Thank you.
Kindergarten is the key entry grade in Lower School.
are attrition-based grades.
However, unexpected openings may occur, and interested families are encouraged to submit an application without a fee. Please contact the Admissions Office for the Fee Waiver Code.
Kindergarten Spring Tours: Although on-campus tours are cancelled for this spring, please be assured that there will be ample opportunity to tour the School this fall and winter. We eagerly look forward to welcoming you to Friends!
Lower School Fall/Winter Tours are scheduled from late September through early January and are intended for parents applying for the following school year. An application is not required to tour the School. Tours include an information session with the Head of Lower School and the Director of Admissions. Registration will open in late August 2020.
please click APPLY ONLINE
Application for Admission
- Kindergarten | To start the process, submit the Application for Admission form (biographical information) and the non-refundable $75 application fee. Interviews are scheduled via email once this form and the fee have been received.
- Grades 1-4 | To start the process, submit the Application for Admission form and send a current school report. No fee will be required until an application becomes active. Please contact the Admissions Office for the Fee Waiver Code. Applications will be put on hold, and families will be contacted as openings occur. All supplemental materials can be submitted once an interview is scheduled.
Student and Parent Visit
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 | Children meet in groups of six with two teachers while parents meet with a member of the Admissions Office.
- Grades 2-4 | Children spend time in a classroom with students in their current grade followed by a conversation with a member of the Admissions Office. During the visit, parents also meet with a member of the Admissions Office.
Kindergarten and Grade 1 | Friends requires the ISAAGNY Confidential School Report. If your current school does not have access to this form, please contact the Admissions Office.
Grades 2-4 | Current School Transcript required.
- Standardized Testing is NOT required.
- Current Teacher Recommendation (Grades 2 through 4 ONLY)
- Parent Supplement
For processed applications, all application materials must be submitted by January 8, 2020.