Grades 5-8 are attrition-based grades. However, unexpected openings may occur and interested families always are encouraged to submit an application without a fee. Please contact the Admissions Office for the Fee Waiver Code.
Tours are scheduled from October through early January for parents only who are applying for the 2020-2021 school year. Tours include an information session with the Head of Middle School and the Director of Admissions. An application is not required for parents to tour the School. To schedule a parent tour, please click REGISTER.
To begin, please click APPLY ONLINE.
Application for Admission
To start the process, (1) submit the Application for Admission form (biographical information) without a fee, (2) send a current school report, and (3) if taken, submit standardized test results (ISEE or SSAT). Applications will be put on hold, and families will be contacted as openings occur. No fee will be required until an application becomes active. All supplemental materials can be submitted once the interview is scheduled.
Student and Parent Visit
- Grade 5 | Children spend one hour in a classroom with their current grade. During the visit, parents and the applicant meet individually with a member of the Admissions Office.
- Grades 6-8 | Children spend three hours in a classroom with their current grade. During the visit, parents and the applicant meet individually with a member of the Admissions Office.
REQUIRED MATERIALS (ONCE INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED)
- Current School Report
- Standardized Test Scores (ISEE or SSAT)
- ISAAGNY Common Essay
- Parent Supplement
- Current English Teacher Recommendation
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation
- Current Graded English or History Essay (preferably with teacher comments)
For processed applications, all application materials must be submitted by January 8, 2020.