Grades 5-8 are attrition-based grades. However, unexpected openings may occur and interested families are encouraged to submit an application without a fee. Please contact the Admissions Office for the Fee Waiver Code at 646.979.5042.
are scheduled from October through early January for parents only
who are applying for the following school year. Tours include an information session with the Head of Middle School and the Director of Admissions. An application is not required for parents to tour. To begin,
please click APPLY ONLINE
Application for Admission
To start the process, (1) submit the Application for Admission form (biographical information) without a fee, (2) send a current school report, and (3) if taken, submit standardized test results (ISEE
). Applications will be put on hold, and families will be contacted as openings occur. No fee will be required until an application becomes active. All supplemental materials can be submitted once the interview is scheduled.
Student and Parent Visit
- Grade 5 | Children spend one hour in a classroom with their current grade. During the visit, parents and the applicant meet individually with a member of the Admissions Office.
- Grades 6-8 | Parents and the applicant meet individually with a member of the Admissions Office. The Admissions Office will reach out via email to schedule the visit.
REQUIRED MATERIALS (ONCE INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED)
- Current School Report
- Standardized Test Scores (ISEE or SSAT)
- ISAAGNY Common Essay
- Parent Supplement
- Current English Teacher Recommendation
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation
- Current Graded English or History Essay (preferably with teacher comments)